Baked with six bananas, this bread is very dense, so it packs a whallop! Throw at your own risk.
As your bananas get overripe, throw them in the freezer. When you have six frozen bananas, you’re good to go!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 frozen and thawed ripe bananas, peeled, drained and mashed
1 teaspoon sugar (for sprinkling on top)
Optional: red, white, and blue icing for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a glass bread loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Mix in eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle sugar over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- To decorate for the 4th of July, use red, white, and blue icing.
- Enjoy! (Or throw, your choice!)